Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm a Shop-a-holic...

A window shop-a-holic, that is. I love to go to the stores and browse their merchandise. I'll fill up a cart with things I want to buy... then get cold feet and put all the items back and leave with nothing. While it annoys and confuses my friends and husband, its really for the best. Else I'd be living in a cardboard box feeding my children pieces of newspaper. Yes, thats right. NEWSPAPER. My husband should appreciate my cheapness, right? He does :))

Anyway. Onto my "frugal-ness", as I like to refer to it. Spending money physically HURTS me. It does. In order for me to make a large purchase, I have to really want it, check out my bank account, ask my husband, re-check the bank account, think some more, go home WITHOUT the item, and maybe a week later get it. Usually I don't. Unless its something for my husband or children. Then I just buy :) Anyway. My "problem" comes with lots of upsides. For example, I've got over $10,000 in the bank. And we've been saving money for under 3 years. Which is great. I also don't have a house full of crap. Which I would if I bought any and everything I wanted. As for the downsides.... I get mopey about never getting anything, and I keep things way past their prime, for fear of not having anything. Oh, and I waste a ton of my husband's time with these shopping trips.

So its February. Tax return season. After paying off our car, which took less than a year (snaps to me!), the ahmazing husband said I could get a new washer and dryer set. Now, get this. Since we got married, we've never gotten anything "new" before the past 6 months. A used car, a used crib, a used washer and dryer. Like I said, I'm cheap. If I can get a used one for 1/4 of the price, why not get it??? But this time, my husband wanted to spoil me. So off we go to Sears. Do some looking around and get COMPLETELY ignored by the staff. I got frustrated, so we left. Went to Best Buy. They were realllyyyy pricey, and the one set I wanted was on back order, and they didn't know when they'd get it. Grr. So back to Sears we went. *Finally* got someones attention. I gravitated towards the $329/each set. It was the cheapest they had IN STOCK. It wasn't all fancy-schmancy. It was basic. My husband, however, said NO. He went to the $499 washer and the $459 dryer. And even though I tried to steer him towards the cheap one, he insisted. So fine, I give up, we spent $1,044 and change on a washer and dryer. :/ Way more than I wanted to, but since it made him happy, I'll deal with it. The salesman tells us the washer is in stock, the dryer needs to be ordered but can be here tomorrow. Awesome, I don't plan on doing laundry tonight or tomorrow anyway. Any longer than that, and we're in trouble. A toddler can do that. So o.k. we order it. Come to find out, they say it can't be delivered until the SECOND. Which frustrated me beyond belief. I was ready to say forget it. HOWEVER, since I had already bought the stupid washer, and the love demanded we get a matching set. Ask me, no one cares about whether or not your set MATCHES, only if it WORKS. But alas, the arguing does no good, so I shut up and let him do his thing. So the salesman tells me "It should be here tomorrow, the reason its saying it can't be delivered 'til the 2nd is because i flagged it when i did the first inspection so no one else would get it." *fingers crossed, i'm already frustrated.* It literally took 3 hours to pick and purchase a set. All the meanwhile, my son and daughter were driving me nuts.

But onto something less frustrating. My little boy read to me! Well, I call it reading. He pointed to the animals in his picture book and said each name. He's growing up so big!! He can also tell me he wants "mac-n-cheese", coke, popcorn, and lollipops. And lots of other words, of course. But those are the new ones. He also says "please", "thank you", and "bless you" on his own, no prompting. Yes! My kid has manners!

Oh, speaking of manners. Tech Support never has any. See, today we decided to cancel our cable. They overcharged, half the channels never worked, and nothing was ever on for our son to watch. Major fail, Comcast. And paying $80 for cable that was crappy ticked me off. So we disconnected it, bought a wireless router, a wireless adapter for the Xbox360, and ordered XboxLive and NetFlix. Awesome, right? Uh. No. We can't get the wireless router to connect to our devices, therefore the netflix and XboxLive are useless. So I call the Tech Support for the router, tell them whats going on. Their answer? To tell me its my laptop that isn't working and transfer us around for 30 minutes. Which I might believe, if it wasn't for my laptop connecting to OTHER people's internet. Gah! If anyone can explain to me how to get my computer/Xbox to connect to my wireless, or at least get my wireless to WORK, I'd be eternally grateful. As it is now, I have NO tv to put my son in front of when he asks.... *God, grant me patience*

Stepped on the scale today. Lost more weight. I'm now at 133.2lbs. Which is awesome, I admit. I am only 3.2lbs heavier than my husband, and I have boobies, so its cool. And at 5'7, it looks great. But I'm bumming, because I spent $100 on new clothes, and they're already getting big! Ack! I'm just never happy, it seems.

I must now go wash the dishes and take a break for googling support for this stupid Internet problem I'm having.

Here's to hoping tomorrow goes well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment