Thursday, January 13, 2011

Internet Friends

Are the Devil. Literally. What fool thought up the idea to become friends with Internet people? Obviously one who has no concept of real friends. Its so easy to fall for an Internet persona, and consider them a true friend. Until they out of the blue turn on you because it becomes the "cool" thing to do. Been there, done that, got a whole thread made about me :)

Seriously though. Online, you're at the mercy of the other persons honesty. Who knows if they really like you or if they're just pretending to, so they can have ammo to attack you with later. Its not as easy as real life. If you physically hang out, there are clues they don't like you, IE not introducing you to their friends, or it randomly slipping out from a friend that they're smack talking you, not wanting to hang out, etc. But online? They can talk to you whenever they want, and if they don't want to? They can pretend to be busy. Joyful.

Maybe I'm just a very naive girl. No, not maybe. Definitely. I used to be the girl who would get a friend and, if they weren't doing me wrong and were actually interested in my life, would confide anything in them. Epic fail, Lorah. Everything I said was turned against me, and I looked like a fool. Never mind the fact that I was attacked after I was unable to respond to them. But in reality, it made them look pathetic, so it is a good thing they waited until I left the place. And now? Psh. You're lucky if I tell you what size shoe I wear. After that happened, I learned that Internet people aren't who they appear. Are some of them? Sure, I bet they are. I know that I am me, regardless of whether I'm online or in real life. I don't change, its too much work. However, like usual, a few bad apples ruined the group.

And I hope they sleep well. Because I know from firsthand experience they do it all the time. I saw it with my own eyes, even laughed while they did it. And that was my karma. I didn't stick up for those who they hurt, and it became my turn. Lesson learned, Karma! But I know in the end you'll get them too, and it will be good. And the evil part of me wishes I could be there to watch them go down in flames. But that would be a negative thing to do, and then Karma would come back to me. Uh-huh, not wanting that. So instead I go to sleep at night with a smile on my face, wishing the best for them... Because I'm that good :)

Ah well. I've really no time for "Internet friends". I have two little ones to play with, who needs imaginary entities? With a house to clean, a husband to tend to, a toddler to play with, and a newborn to feed, I need all the time I have..... and then some :)

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, it seems like they can just do a complete turnaround with no notice, and go from being your supportive friend to hating you and talking crap. It's disappointing. Sorry hon :(

    ReplyDelete