Friday, January 7, 2011

How to procrastinate like a pro

Looking around my house, I see the arts of a master procrastinator. Seriously. Laundry should have been done 3 days ago. Instead I'm wearing shorts and a tank top in my 60 and under degree house, my sons mismatched, and my daughter? Well, she's got too many clothes to count, so she's warm and toasty. I needed to mop yesterday, so the floor is even dirtier in my mind, even though to outsiders its not that bad. I should have fixed my sons toy two weeks ago, and now he's bringing it to me every twenty seconds saying "uh-oh!" And that's not even everything. His second birthday party is tomorrow (Gosh, my baby will be TWO tomorrow!) and I haven't wrapped his gift, done his party favors, packed the items we're taking up, picked out his outfit, nothing. The only thing i HAVE done is order the cake. And I only remembered to do that while wandering Sam's Club. But when do I have to pick it up? That's right, tomorrow after 10 am.

Which means that tomorrow morning will be an early morning for me. What with a one month old newborn, it seems to take me five HOURS to get everyone properly ready to go. Yesterday I had a shopping date with a friend at 11:30 am. I woke up at SEVEN to start getting myself and two kids ready. Yes, you read that right, four and a half hours early, to get ready. And guess what? At 11:15, I was rushing to get into the car so I could *maybe* make it on time. I barely made it. In fact, I was about five minutes late. Ughhh!

Since I can't be late tomorrow, due to having to claim tables and set up the Spongebob decorations, I'll probably have to be up at midnight to get ready. Joy. I want to be there at least 15 minutes early. Which means I have to tell my husband I want to be 30 minutes early. He's pretty crappy in the morning too. And I have to get the cake, then rush to the other side of town for balloons, then back across town for the party. Oy Vey.

And somewhere, in between the hectic rushing around at home and nursing sessions, I have to manage to make my baby boy a special breakfast! I'm thinking cinnamon rolls, but those take awhile. But they're soo good :) Maybe I'll rush out to Cinnabon and throw away the box, all while claiming I made them. Who knows. Probably not though, that's cheating and my husband would know. Maybe waffles? Mmm I may make those for dinner, they sound delish.

And yet here I am, sitting on the computer, blogging. When I *could* be doing laundry. Or sleeping, since I've been sleep deprived for the past month. Or maybe rescheduling my four week check-up I so conveniently slept through on Wednesday.

Thank heavens birthdays only come once a year.

1 comment:

  1. I am tired from just reading about everything you have to do, lol! You must be supermom! :)

    ReplyDelete