Sunday, January 9, 2011

My baby boy Turned 2...

....Yesterday. Man, I'm still in shock. I mean, come on, really? Two already? Not possible. What happened to my baby? The one who just learned to master solids, who just started crawling? Now he's running around like a maniac, talking up a storm. Getting into everything and driving Mommy up a wall. When did this happen? I must have slept for a year and a half, because there's no way its really been 730 days since he was born.

We got to throw his party on his birthday. Yay! for having it fall on a weekend. Yay! for being able to let him pick the theme! Boo!for it being Spongebob. OK, I knew that was going to happen. He's an addict. When he's 30, he's going to be in a SBA group... Spongebobs Anonymous. "Hello, i'm Wyatt and I'm addicted to Spongebob." So we found the cake he wanted, but I didn't want to do a whole cake and ice cream thing, there weren't going to be enough people for a full-sheet. So I opted for a cupcake cake, which had a different icing design, just of the Bikini Bottom background. But I managed to find a Spongebob candle, so it worked out. Found plates, party favor bags, Thank-you notes, and a table clothe and balloon. Yay for mommy! Spent nearly $100 on THAT, which included the party favors/cake... Then turned right around and spent over $100 on food at the party place. My debit card started crying at that.

He was cranky. He had woken up at four am, and stayed up until 7:30am, when Mommy needed to be awake. Since the party was at noon, I needed to be up super early so we could get there in time to set up. And that morning we had to buy the balloons and cake still. So I had a ton to do, including packing up all the party stuff, getting Birthday boy ready, get the baby ready, and myself ready. So I was exhausted. We got to the party area, and were getting set up when the guests arrived. Luckily I was practically done when they arrived. So the party began... With a very clingy, cranky boy. He wouldn't let Daddy out of his sight. Joy. Luckily things got better.

So without boring you with all the details, the party was over long before we made it home :) The birthday boy just wanted to play, so we let him. And he loved it. So all the money spent was worth it. As was the pure exhaustion. We all got home, ate a quick dinner, and passed out.

I must admit, I refuse to close my eyes now. I don't want to wake up and have him be 18 and my daughter be 12. Uncool.

And this isn't witty, nor is it really personal. Its just for my memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment