Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Being together is the best gift of all...

My life is blessed, this much I know. I may not have a million dollars in the bank, and I may not have a house the size of a small city. But what I do have is an amazing husband, a wonderful little boy, and a darling little girl. Let me introduce you to them.

The Rock that holds me together is my husband. He's there for me through thick and thin. He supports my wildest dreams, and encourages me to take life by the balls and squeeze. Wow, that's a bit vulgar. But its the truth. He's been there for me through three years of marriage, 18 months of pregnancy, and almost 25 months of motherhood. And I did NOT make it easy, that's for sure. Regardless. And No, he isn't drunk in that photo. That was taken in Peru, compliments of the United States Marine Corps.
  
He gives me the courage to go to school, to leave my babies with someone else and better myself. He says its purely for selfish reasons (his exact words :I want a sugar Momma!:) but I know he's lying. He wants me to have something that's all for me, something no one can take from me. And he knows he married a bookworm, a nerd. I'm probably one of the few people in his life (if not the only!) who actually ENJOYS going to school, and feels empty when there are no classes going.He is currently serving in the United States Marine Corps, and loves it. He's planning on making it a career. Which is A-OK by me. Where else will we find a job to move us all over the place (at their expense!) AND pays pretty darn well? At least, nothing that will take just a High School diploma ::laughs::. He's got big plans for himself also. He's planning on starting school next semester for Criminal Justice, retiring from the USMC at 38, and then becoming an FBI Agent. Pretty darn smart. Did I mention he's handsome? At least in my eyes :)
He's just all around awesome. 
An awesome husband, an awesome Daddy. An awesome friend.
You won't find anyone better, just ask those who know him. Ask my son who the bestest person is. After Mommy, he'll tell ya it's Daddy.

Speaking of my son....

Meet my awesome little boy, Wyatt!!! He's graced us with his presence in 2009, and was one of the best things to ever happen to me.. He was born two days before our one year anniversary. Can you think of any better present? I sure can't! He was such a perfect little baby. Rarely cried, content to just lay and play. And now I pay dearly for his easy-breezy infancy. He's an All-American boy, that's for sure. Loves Basketball (baball, as he says) and swimming. His favorite thing to do as of now is get on my table and start jumping, yelling "bounce! bounce! bounce!". And giggling when I tell him to get down. Smart Alec. In fact, I've been trying to get him to help me make some Valentine's Day cards for people. I printed out cute pictures for him to color, had glitter all set out, everything. Sat him down, he told me "NO COLOR.", and I told him he needed to color the pictures for his cards and he couldn't get down until he colored one. What does he do? Picks his crayon up, draws a straight line straight through a picture, puts it down, and says "Done" with a sparkle in his eyes. And then proceeds to throw the glitter on the floor. Oy. He's just a walkin', talkin' machine. A little hard to handle, and a lot of stress, but I wouldn't have it any other way. And last, but CERTAINLY not least,
                                        Meet Ms. CindyLu
Isn't she gorgeous? That's a Christmas photo as well, she was only 2 weeks old. Precious, precious. I love her. I must admit, we never planned to expand our family past Wyatt, but God knew better and blessed us with her. And I couldn't imagine life without her. She may keep me up at night with colic, and she may be fussy, but she completes each and everyone of us, and none of us can think of anything better. Even Big Brother adores her. He showers her with loves and kisses all the time. He talks to her, plays with her, everything. When she cries, he runs to her to try and soothe her, and if he can't, he gets one of us. She's such a "watcher". She wants to see everything going on, when she can't, she gets angry. When she's held, she doesn't want to be cradled, she wants to be sitting straight up, either looking over your shoulder or out in front. That's a lesson Daddy still needs to learn though ;)She's also a major "hold-me" baby. She doesn't like to be in the swing or laying down, she wants to be in the middle of everything, just watching you. Which can be quite a problem when it comes to cooking and cleaning.
I'm sure she's going to teach me plenty, and I'm ready and willing to learn.


So that's my family, my blessing. They're all I'll ever need, and more. And it that form of wealth, I've surely got the most.



No comments:

Post a Comment