Wednesday, February 9, 2011

La La La Lalalala-laaaa

Wyatt has a new favorite song, "What the hell" by Avril Lavigne. He likes it because he can sing the "Lalalalala's" in it. Which is too cute, since he has a blast singing it. But it also sucks, because that song is atrocious. The girl is like 30, yet she's still singing like she's 15. ::shudders:: Even still, I've downloaded that song and put it on my Ipod, and played it on repeat ever since he lost his mind to it. The things we mothers do. And the worst part of it? Its stuck in my head. And it plays over and over in there too. lalalalalaaaa....

Yesterday was not a good day. Wyatt woke up at 3am for some ungodly reason, and decided to scare the goodness out of me by screaming bloody murder. So we brought him in our bed, and then he figured that meant playtime. We put up with it for an hour, then put him back in his room. I think he started playing, but I'm not sure. I rolled over and went back to bed, since he was locked in the room. Its not like he could do much damage in there. ::laughs:: Then Cindy had a bad day. Screaming and driving me bonkers. And exploding out of FOUR diapers in a row, which meant four showers. All in less than an hour. Add to that Wyatt not listening and I was ready to put both kids on Craigslist. The post would have read "handsome two year old and gorgeous 2 month old up for grabs. The two year old likes hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, Sponge bob and Mickey Mouse. The two month old only breastfeeds. Comes with all toys/accessories. Will pay you $50 to take, but no returns!" Sadly, that's illegal, and I'm just too pretty to go to jail. That, and my husband and mother would not be happy. So at 6, when Patrick came home, I said I wasn't cooking and I wanted to go out. Wyatt wanted fish, so off to Red Lobster we went.

What.A.Nightmare. Our waitress SUCKED. Now, as a prior waitress, I tip very well. I give a MINIMUM of 20%, and I've even tipped 150% before. I am a GOOD tipper. But this chick? I gave her $2 on a $35 bill. It took her 15 minutes to acknowledge our table, then when she did, she didn't acknowledge Wyatt. I had to practically GRAB her from running off after she took Patrick and my order, because she didn't let us order for Wyatt. Then she brought TWO plates for the bread, when there was clearly three of us. She disappeared for about 45 minutes, as we were waiting for our food. Didn't check if we needed refills, or more bread, or anything. Brought our food and guess what. She didn't put Wyatt's meal in. Luckily she thought enough to bring him some rice. But at that point I was livid. Meanwhile, she's chit-chatting with other guests, checking on them multiple times, being great to them. So I flag her down to tell her we needed a spoon and another set of silverware because we only got two (go figure). She says OK, and 20 minutes later she brings them. After Wyatt finally gets his fish and spoon (he's not great with a fork yet, but who is? And rice is easier eaten with a spoon), it takes her less than 10 minutes to bring us the check. She was smart enough to comp us the kid's meal, which is why I didn't complain to the manager and she got a $2 tip. I was ready to rip her a new one. The best part is they weren't even busy, she was just a world-class sucky person. I don't think we'll be going back anytime soon, as this is the second time in a row we've gotten crappy service.

Toy Story 3 gets two thumbs up. If you haven't seen it, get it. Yes, I'm behind, I know. Leave me alone.

So today I went to the mall and hung out with my friend Bonita. I really shouldn't do that anymore, I managed to spend $100. At least my honey doesn't mind my spending. He actually encourages it, especially when I finally buy myself something. It was nice to go and buy some underwear, seeing as 95% of mine is from high school... ::laughs:: Oh, and if you have a Wallflower from Bath and Body works, they have an awesome new scent, "Seaside Escape". I recommend that one, Tropical Spice, and Sensual Amber. Delish. I just wish I had stocked up on their Winter fragrance. I only bought one because I wasn't sure I'd like it, and when it ran out, they weren't selling them anymore... :( Oh well, it made me try new scents.  So that's a positive.

CindyLu is two months old and I am DYING to get her ears pierced. However, no place will do them before three months old. I *could* lie and say she's three months, lord knows she looks four. But I'm not sure which vaccinations they want her to have, and I've only gotten her the DTaP so far. Which is probably all they want, huh? Since its the tetanus shot.... Hmmm, decisions, decisions. Should I lie and get them done? It probably wouldn't work, I'm a crappy liar. But patience is a virtue I was not blessed with, that's for sure. I also need someone to take me, as seeing my baby in pain is not something I'm good with. But I know its best to do them as a baby, before they're aware they have ears. Keeps them from pulling on them.

Oh, and yes. Her nickname is CindyLu. Yes, like Cindy Lou Who. However, her middle name is NOT Louise. It's Lucille. Which is why it's CindyLU, not Cindy LOU. Louise is an ugly name, for old people. Lucille, on the other hand, is an icons name. Everyone always asks that and tries to correct my spelling. Cynthia is CindyLu, and Wyatt is... well, boogerbutt, monkeybutt, bubba, etc. Patrick's been calling Cindy "Miss Bourgeois" and Wyatt "Mr Boudreaux". He's a nutt. But since she's quite the vocal one when she barely wets her diaper and hates being half dressed, it fits.

I need to determine whats for dinner. I may just do sloppy joes with baked potato wedges, that's not too bad. And Patrick would be ecstatic. The simplest things make him happy. I could spend hours slaving over a hot stove, producing a delicious, five-star restaurant three course meal with a souffle for dessert, and he'd appreciate it. However it wouldn't make him as happy as a bacon cheeseburger. Which reminds me, I need to try that brie stuffed burger my friend Bailey was talking about... My due date buddy who had her little girl two weeks early, and then my little girl decided to be a week late. So we both completely missed our due date. How funny.

Anyway. Off to clean my house, as it makes me happy. Gosh, I'm such a housewife. But Wyatt is napping, and as I type this, Cindy's just finishing nursing, which will give me an hour and a half of uninterrupted time. And that means I get to use my vacuum again!!! YAY!!!

Oh, before I go....

Now it can be stuck in YOUR head.

Hey, I can't be the ONLY one singing this atrocious song.

No comments:

Post a Comment