Thursday, February 10, 2011

What do you do all day?

"Why, eat bonbons and watch daytime soaps, of course."

If I was a public smart alec, that would be my answer. However, since I only show my ass to family, I just smile and say "Lots! My days are never boring, nor are they short." and waltz away. Ok, I don't really waltz, I saunter. Two left feet and all. And then I wonder if their I.Q. is matched by a monkeys...

I'm very blessed in the sense that I have a husband who works hard enough to support my wishes to stay home with my children during these impressionable years. I teach them, I raise them, I make sure their meals are healthy and complete. I'm the one they play with, and I see all the firsts. There's no chance of my son picking up a new word without me being there to hear him say it the first time. Nor will he do a new activity without me there to witness it and take lots of photos. I like that. I caught his first steps on camera, his first word was recorded, his first boo-boo got a kiss from Mommy.

I am not simply a mother. I am a maid, a chef, a teacher, a nurse, an entertainer, and an errand runner. I don't get "breaks". From wake-up time to bedtime I am constantly running around, either chasing around Wyatt, nursing Cindy, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, etc. Its a busy day. And at 9, when Wyatt is in bed and Cindy has been nursed, I get to keep cleaning. And then its 10 and I have a choice: Spend some time with Patrick or get some needed Zzzz's. Guess which I choose? Let me give you a clue.... I'm never asleep before midnight.

Stay-at-home moms don't get to sit around eating bon bons. I'm lucky I get lunch half the time. We aren't "bored", because we don't have the chance to GET bored. I wish I could manage becoming bored. That would be nice. A small break from the hectic-ness I live. Even weekends are hectic. What with trying to squeeze as much family time in, there's barely a chance to breathe!!!

With all that said, I will say this: I wouldn't change it for the world. I love my crazy life, I love the whirlwind mess my two year old leaves. I love the glitter on the floor from arts and crafts hour, the numerous diaper changes, the food he throws. OK, I don't love all that. But I enjoy it. And if someone offered to pay for my kids to go to daycare, I'd say no. I'd think about it though.

With that said.... I went and dropped $50 on arts stuff. Wyatt was getting tired of coloring, and quite frankly, so was I. So I bought lots of arts stuff. Pompoms, pipe cleaners, paper, poster boards, glitter, glue, feathers, and some other crap. Oh! And googly- eyes. I love googly-eyes. Wyatt and I are going to make people :)

But our first craft will be a V-day card for Daddy, and a shirt for him too. I'm so excited.

Dinner tonight was.... a disaster. Wyatt loved it, and Patrick liked it, but to me it was disgusting. Peanut Butter Pancakes will not be on my menu again. *barf*

With all that said, I realize its 8:15pm, which means bath time and bedtime! Woohoo! I made it through another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment